the utterly mundane || 9/52

1:26 PM

"There simply are not many grand moments of life, and we surely don't live life in those moments.  No, we live in the utterly mundane.  We exist in the bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and hallways of life.  This is where the character of our life is set.  This is where we live the life of faith."
paul david tripp


I realized while holding you the other night, right before I laid you in bed, that you no longer really fit in my arms.  You used to be this tiny little bundle that fit perfectly in between the crooks of my two elbows, but as I stood there swaying back and forth in the dark I could feel your very chubby legs hanging way off the end of my arm and dangling in the air.  You've been so close to sitting up on your own for several weeks now, and then all of a sudden this week you decided you were ready.  You went from barely being able to stay upright for more than 1-2 seconds to sitting up straight without any help for as long as you want to.  (Or until something or someone startles you and you lose your balance and fall over backwards.  Which usually makes you very mad.  So we keep a pillow behind you to help with that;)  You rolled over for the first time over a month ago, and must not have thought it was very fun because you didn't do it again until this week.  But now you're a pro at that too.  Life with you is so much fun--I love you muchly son.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I know a lot of cute kids... this little man is waaaay up high on the cuteness charts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so so enjoy seeing these posts!! love the lil peaks into your life - thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete