the utterly mundane || 10/52

8:13 AM

"There simply are not many grand moments of life, and we surely don't live life in those moments.  No, we live in the utterly mundane.  We exist in the bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and hallways of life.  This is where the character of our life is set.  This is where we live the life of faith."
paul david tripp

Happy Half-Birthday little cub, I love every day with you and am grateful to be your mommy.  Today was extra fun because I (FINALLY) got to introduce you to the wonders of food.  Your daddy and I (but mostly your daddy) have slipped you little "tastes" of things here and there but today we celebrated your half birthday with avocado and strawberry.  You were hilarious to watch as we fed you your first bites of avocado, you kept kept getting these little shivers and your whole face would contort as you sucked and chewed.  You really didn't like the strawberry, I think that was just a little too much flavor for you to handle.  I mostly just enjoyed watching you smear it all everywhere--and I'm pretty sure that was your favorite part as well.  So grateful there is a you to celebrate!

(My camera battery died just as we got to this park this afternoon so a few of the pictures in this post are from my phone.)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I've said it once and I'll say it again, you have the most beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :))) Happiness is the only word that can describe this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie in the bath tub, and I love his cool dude outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His fuzzy little head! So darling.

    ReplyDelete