the utterly mundane || 1/52

9:14 AM

"There simply are not many grand moments of life, and we surely don't live life in those moments.  No, we live in the utterly mundane.  We exist in the bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and hallways of life.  This is where the character of our life is set.  This is where we live the life of faith."
paul david tripp

I've wanted to do this for a while.  There are moments when I look around me and think how utterly sweet life is, and hope that I never forget the way it feels to be me, right this minute.  To be a wife of one year and two+ months to my best friend and a mommy to my little lion cub, who lives in a smallish upstairs apartment with a tiny kitchen and ceilings made of pine(? -I actually don't know what they're made of, just some kind of cool wood). I want to remember the mornings spent dropping The Boy off for work because we've chosen to have one car for now while we can still manage it, and the afternoons when I walk to the mailbox with squish. The bath times, the story times, the nap times, the meltdowns, the giggles, and slobber all over everything.

So, here's my goal.  One day a week for the next 52 weeks I will spend the entire day taking pictures of life as it happens with my "real" camera.  My favorites from the day will go here on the blog, and at the end of the year I will compile all 52 weeks into an album.  It will be so much fun to be able to look back and see how Judah grows from week to week, how our lives change as the months go by, and to have a whole entire year of real life documented.  I'm going to give myself grace right here and now and say that I will almost certainly forgot a week or two, and that's ok.


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. oh! you and your little squish. you three. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judah. is. adorable. :) So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious seeing you and you're little guy + big guy together. <3 Love the idea of this!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I love this idea, Jessica :) Excited to watch Judah Lion grow up in photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ones of you making your little guy giggle are my favorite-favorites. love these frames! blessings to your sweet fam <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much! That quote at the top really stood out to me, "....This is where the character of our life is set. This is where we live the life of faith." so true. miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Wish I had been disciplined enough to do this when Winston was in his first year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your squish is the cutest squish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pictures so much <3 <3. I MISS Y'ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little man is pretty stinkin' cute. :) Looking forward to the results on this project!

    ReplyDelete