the utterly mudane | 2/52

11:18 AM

"There simply are not many grand moments of life, and we surely don't live life in those moments.  No, we live in the utterly mundane.  We exist in the bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and hallways of life.  This is where the character of our life is set.  This is where we live the life of faith."
paul david tripp

Today: Early morning cries because it's hard to sleep when your nose is all stuffed up. I love that snuggles and nursing can make everything all better.  He fell back asleep in the boppy and we both slept until almost 9... happy happy me.  We took daddy to work and went to Judahloves 4 month checkup, which unfortunately included his first vaccinations.  I think it was harder on me than it was on him, he cried for about 30 seconds and then snuggled his little face in my shoulder and started to fall asleep.  Again, there's really no better feeling than rescuing your baby.  Nana, Uncle Lawson, and Auntie Em cam over for the afternoon, we got to watch Uncle Luke and Uncle Sam play basketball after dinner, and then stayed up past a certain someones bedtime because he was so talky and wiggly.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. These posts are so precious! I absolutely love reading them and I look forward to all the posts coming later this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I love this series. It's so precious. and gosh HE'S SO SQUISHY AND FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last three are so, so precious! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so cute I can't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so adorable it's not even funny....:) Those last three pictures: gahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chunky little thighs and feet sticking out of the Bumbo...one of my favorite baby sights to see. What great little aunts and uncles, so sweet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete