hello baby. || week 38/39

12:58 PM

dear lil' raspberry,


you're all grown up!  this week you're officially full term and can come anytime you please ;)  it's pretty weird and exciting waking up every morning knowing that you could be here by the end of the day.  it's thrilling knowing that something (motherhood) and someone (my own little baby love) that i've dreamed of, hoped for, and waited on for so many years is about to be here.  it's almost more than i can handle to think about getting to introduce you to all your aunts, uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents who are so very eager for you to be here, but most of all I can't wait for you to meet your daddy and to watch him love on you.

i was telling your daddy just last night how these last few weeks have taught me in a new way what it's like to look forward to and "eagerly expect" Christ's return.  There are so many similarities between the way I'm waiting and preparing for you and the way I should be waiting and preparing for Christ.  I don't know the day or the hour that you'll come, no matter what doctors or midwives predict, no matter what steps I take to get my body ready for labor, only God knows when you'll officially arrive.  And yet, I wake up every day thinking "will it be today?!" and all day long no matter what I'm doing the possibility of your arrival is always there lingering in the back of my mind.  And while normal life must go on, because I can't sit around twiddling my thumbs staring at my belly waiting for you, I have found myself prioritizing everything I do all day long with the idea in mind that "if he came today, what are the most important things that I want to get done before he arrives?"  so thank you little son for teaching me more about Christ and the way he desires for me to long for His presence!

so, in the same way John says in revelation "even so, come, Lord Jesus!" i say to you little son, "come quickly!"

Much Love,
Jessica Shae

this was taken at one of your showers this past week.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Love this! So excited for you friend!! Can't wait to "meet" this sweet boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts!! What a wonderful and encouraging perspective, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm, excellent point. I hope I can be as patient when I'm at your point in life! ;)

    Also, can't wait to see little Raspberry's face! I'm praying for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely a great thought. :) c'mon lil ras, we're all so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love that. And can I just say that I'm excited to see what this little man of yours looks like? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking gorgeous Mama! Cannot wait to see this sweet boy's face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... not here yet? I started thinking since you hadn't posted anything on Instagram or anything that you probably were too busy snuggling. I've been praying for you!
    That's a great perspective too... never thought about it like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you to meet this 'lil Raz, and I can't wait to hear all about him! So much gladness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that thought you gave about the correlation to Christ! And please! let us know as soon as you can when the baby is here! I keep checking twitter and the blog, twitter and the blog... lol

    ReplyDelete