hello baby. || week 28/29

1:05 PM

(still trying so desperately to catch up, and weeks just keep rolling by faster than I can believe!  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to "double up")

lil' raspberry,

a few weeks ago i read john 17 (where Jesus prays for His disciples) and was struck with how applicable and practical a prayer that would be for me to be praying for you, precious son.  If Jesus chose those words as he prayed for the disciples God had given Him, then what better words could I be praying for you, my own little one that God has given me the task of discipling?

So here's what I've been praying for you, and what I will continue to pray for you as the years go by.

vs. 6&7: "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me... They were Yours, You gave them to Me... Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You."

that Christ would be manifest in me towards you, in the way i love your father, love you, train you, and live life out in front of you.  that you would know that i understand and believe you to be a blessing straight from God's hand, that you are not mine but His, and a treasure that I have the honor of caring for as long as you are with me.

vs. 8: "For I have given to them the words which You have given Me and they have received them..."

that your daddy and i will be faithful to the truths we have learned, and teach them to you as we lie down, and as we rise up, and as we walk along the way.  and more importantly that you would receive them and by God's grace hold fast to them all the days of your life.

vs. 9: "I pray for them..."

that this is always characteristic of my life. prayer for you and any other littles God blesses us with.

vs. 11: "...Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me..."

that i would always recognize that it is by God's grace alone that you can be "kept" both physically and spiritually safe.  i will not always be there, i will not always be able to make all the decisions for you, or protect you.  but i can trust God to do that far better than i ever could.

vs. 14: "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world..."

that as your daddy and i teach you truth we would also prepare you for the consequences of living a set a part life, and teach you how to be a bold and strong witness who stands fast in the face of adversity.

vs. 17: "Sanctify them by Your truth.  Your word is truth." 

that your life would be sanctified and molded by the truth of God's word.

vs. 18 "As you sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world."

that i would spend all of your growing up years investing in you with the purpose in mind of you being sent out to be a blessing and witness to others, to bear the glory of Christ to the lost world around you in whatever way God may call you to.  that i would not be selfish, and over-protect or hoard you, even when it hurts to let you go.

vs. 19: "And for their sakes I also sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth."

that i would never forget the weighty responsibility that i have to continue to pursue holiness in my own life before anything else, because when i am unfaithful to Christ it will directly effect you and all those closest to me.

i love you little man!

love,
mommy

thank you allix for these pictures!
yes, the belly button has officially "popped" my friends ;)

your current favorite snacks are: fruit, turkey sandwiches, and ice-cream!





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. you are seriously the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen! especially with that lil belly button;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. this is good. very good. oh that lil' berry-est berry-est BOY! i like him. :) and ya-ay for getting to see/work with you two. :)

    ReplyDelete