beautiful.

7:00 AM

last wednesday night we went to church and right after we sat down i realized that i hadn't looked at myself in the mirror before leaving the house, to make sure i looked alright, and for a second i couldn't even remember if i had make-up on!  i quickly asked josh if i looked alright, he glanced at me a little confused but said yes, i did.  as i sat back and as the service began i puzzled over how i had let that happen (it felt silly and air headed of me to have left the house without making sure that i was actually ready to leave the house) and i was especially puzzled because i remembered that it wasn't the first time that had happened in the last few weeks.


and this is the conclusion i came to.  it's my husband's fault.  my dear, lovely, oh-so-wonderful-to-me husband has spoiled me beyond all reason over the last 3.5 months.  i have felt cherished, protected, and loved in a way that i've never felt before, and consequently more beautiful that I've ever felt before.  not beautiful in a stuck-up snooty kind of way, but in a wholesome content sort of way.  he tells me i'm beautiful all.the.time.  make-up/no make-up, bad hair days/good hair days, sweats/fancy dress, there really seems to be no variation.  he loves all of me, and he loves me for so much more than any physical beauty i may posses   i know this because of how he loves to laugh at my jokes that aren't funny, because he says that my sleepy/frizzy mouse look i wake up with in the morning is his favorite, and because when he first told me (almost 2 years ago now) how beautiful he thought i was he finished by saying "and i hope you know that when i tell you you're beautiful im not just talking about the outside. you're a beautiful person, jessica, every part of what makes you, you, is beautiful to me."  and he's never let me forget those words.  he tells me he thinks im beautiful because i am his, and that makes me more attractive and beautiful than anyone else could ever be to him.

so you see, it's obviously my husbands fault.  i walk around most of the time forgetting to look in the mirror or stress over wether or not i look ok, because my husband is dedicated to loving every bit of me daily, with a love that isn't based on wether or not i've gained a few pounds, or if i have make-up on.  he tells me i am beautiful, and i believe him.  and i can't help but think how lovely a reminder that is of the perfect and never-ending love my Savior has for me, that isn't at all dependent on any beauty i may think i possess.  Christ chose me and I am His, and because of that i am a precious treasure to Him.

"you shall no longer be termed forsaken, nor shall your land any more be termed desolate; but you shall be called hephzibah, [my delight is in her] and your land beulah [married]; for the Lord delights in you, ...and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you."   -is. 62:4-5 

so very grateful for a husband who loves like Christ!



[i've been wanting to write about this for a week or so, as it's been something that i've been thinking about a lot.  and since i didn't have any other valentines day post planned for today, it seemed fitting.]

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is so sweet :) The relationship you and Joshua have is so precious, and I hope that my relationship with my future husband will be as sweet and love-filled as yours is. Y'all are a inspiration to me :)
    -mal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious blog post! <3 You are a treasure, girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is beautiful. (also in the fullest sense if the word)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a marvelous sweet thing :)

    ReplyDelete